Sunday, March 20, 2022

Review: Ecovacs Deebot X1 Omni Vacuum Mop (The most advance and best for busy / lazy people in 2022)







Pros:
+++ Ability to add detergent into water tank
+++ Auto water refill with large water tank
+++ 2 x Rotating mops
+++ Auto Wash mop feature
+++ Hot air drying mop feature
+++ Auto empty dustbin
+++ Premium design look
+++ AI Camera obstacle avoidance
+++ In built AI Voice control
    +  5000Pa Suction Power


Cons:
--- Price (~SGD1,600)
 -- On-going accessories cost
 -- No on/off switch for the Omni station
 -- Hidden on/off switch under the robot cover

You can view my unboxing photos in my previous post here




Ecovacs launched Deebot X1 Omni in Singapore on 15 March 2022.


https://www.ecovacs.com/id/deebot-robotic-vacuum-cleaner/DEEBOT-X1-OMNI








All in one OMNI station
57cm (H) x 45cm (L) x 43cm (W)

My first reaction of the OMNI station was HUGE.
Standing tall at 57cm, with a length of 45cm and width of 43cm.


However, if we look at the components inside the OMNI station, it is very well designed to make use of every inch smartly. 



Another shock is the size of the 2 x water tanks (Clean & Dirty) once you open up the top cover.


  
Clean (R) and Dirty (L) Water tank



The measurement of each tank is 26cm (H) x 16cm (L) x 13cm (W).
It can hold 4L of water in each tank.
Based on my 4room BTO HDB 92m square, I will need to fill up my clean water tank once every 4 days.


Most importantly, you are able to add Ecovacs detergent solution into the water tank. Only very limited robot model is able to do so at this moment. 


Composition: Ethoxylated alcohol, Hexylene glycol, Hydantoin, Synthetic perfume, Dye, Water


In between the 2 water tanks, there is a slim tray which you can pull out to store these items.








Beside auto cleaning of mop, it have a HOT AIR DRYING feature too.


The auto cleaning of mop & water refill produce ~55dB sound level (which is not too loud) and complete the process in around 30 secs.


In case you are wondering how loud or soft is 55dB, you can reference to the below chart.




I can barely hear any sound during the hot air drying process. 


You can select 2hours / 3 hours / 4hours hot air drying duration to auto activate once the cleaning is completed.
You can also select how frequent the robot will return to dock to clean your mop.
This is one of the best feature as you wouldn't want to use the same mop throughout your whole house without cleaning it.





Mop material quality is good. 
There is no water marks left on the floor and I can see the reflection clearly on my floor tiles.



This is how the bottom of the OMNI station look like where X1 robot will be docking into.

X1 robot docking OMNI station area

  



Most robot dock will have the auto-empty function. So I wont go into this as this is very common.

The auto empty produce ~62dB sound level and complete the process in around 10 secs.







This rotating mopping feature is one of my top reason why I choose to buy Ecovacs Deebot X1 Omni.

Early days robot all started with a simple mop cloth stick underneath the back of the robot. Even though some robot have the Y mopping feature, the floor is still ok (not sticky). 
But it is still like stick a wet cloth underneath and drag around the whole house kind of concept.

Then we start to see vibrating mop plate which provide some scrubbing kind of effect. This is definitely better than the previous gen.

Ultimately, I still believe rotating mopping feature is the best among the 3 options, especially if you young children or pets at home.


X1 robot mop uses magnetic connector to attach the mop to the robot.
This provide some premium feeling to me.

The 5000Pa suction power to me is more of marketing
I believe 2000+Pa suction power is sufficient for normal home.

There are 4 vacuum power options for you to choose: Quiet, Standard, Max and Max+
Quiet produce ~52dB, Standard ~53dB, Max ~58dB and Max+ 63dB
Personally, I cant tolerate the noise level produced when using Max and Max+.






X1 robot did not have any much hard bump for the past few days and is good at navigating around the obstacle or furniture related legs/stands.



I did not set any virtual wall / no-go zone in below video and X1 robot manage to navigate around the ledges of the thin cloth.






The design of the X1 robot is indeed premium looking.
The top cover is attached to the body via magnetic connector.

However, there is 2 thing which I dislike is the on/off red switch of the robot is hidden under the cover and the OMNI docking station does not have a on/off switch.
I do aware some people will not get affected by this as they leave their robot on 24x7. I do have the habit of switching off my robot and docking station after their job is done. Mainly because I only need them to vacuum and mop only once a day and to preserve their battery life. Therefore, why leave it on 24hours a day when they are only required to be awake max 3 hours a day.












Due to space constraints, I have to put this beautiful appliance in my service yard. 



The X1 robot also do not face any difficulty docking itself back to the OMNI station even though I do not follow the recommended space required.






X1 robot have built in AI voice control technology.
This allow non smart home to be able to use voice command to give instruction too.
Robot in the past required another node (eg: Google Nest Hub 2) as the brain to get and pass instruction. 

I had a few tries via YIKO and seem to work well.
YIKO is able to understand my voice and executed correct on "Start cleaning", "Pause task", "Clean living room", "Return to base", "Volume down", "Volume up" and etc. 
I am impress given that Ecovacs is a China company and I am using English instead of Mandarin to YIKO.



After using X1 for a few days, I would say money well spent and I have no regret for lazy people like me that need to outsource these tasks.
Although the price SGD1600 is at the top range for vacuum mop robot, but looking at the features + design + user experience, I would say the objective and outcome have exceeded expectation.  



No comments:

Post a Comment